How much does BLCA membership cost?
Annual membership is $30, due in February.
What does your annual membership support?
- Criers - The Crier is the Lane's neighborhood newsletter. It is published by the Board, specifically the Editor, 6 times annually. This publication reaches 427 homes, through a network of volunteers called Carriers who deliver them to over a dozen homes each. Members may access present Criers on our Crier page. Past Criers are available upon request.
- Egg Hunt - One of the oldest programs in the neighborhood, the annual Egg Hunt is offered in the spring. Young residents and residents' children/grandchildren up to 12 years old are welcome to take part. There are several difficulty levels for different ages.
- Garage Sale - Every summer Lane volunteers organize a neighborhood-wide garage sale. All residents are welcome to participate. The sale is advertised on various online venues to attract more visitors.
- Entryway Maintenance - The entryway is a heavily landscaped area of our neighborhood and requires occasional maintenance: planting, trimming, sweeping, pruning, etc. Collecting garbage is unfortunately also a responsibility. Volunteers are always needed for this important task - we want to keep our neighborhood looking great!
- Beauty bark subsidies - Each year, we arrange to have bark delivered to homes. This is a convenient way for people to freshen up their gardens, plus we negotiate better deals with higher volume. The Association subsidizes the cost, plus members get free delivery!
- National Night Out - This event happens the first Tuesday in August. All BLCA members are encouraged to participate. Food and beverage are provided.
- Board - The BLCA has recently had a need for more Board members. This volunteer position is a great way to become involved in the community. BLCA members are needed for nomination for next year's Board.
- Welcoming Committee - If you are a Lane resident, you may remember someone bringing you a Welcome packet when you moved in. Volunteers are always needed to welcome new residents to the neigborhood and hand out informational packets.
- Holiday Lights Walk - The Holiday Light Walk takes place in December and is a great way to get out and see the decorations around the neighborhood. Beverage stations are located in multiple locations, offering warm coffee, hot chocolate and other beverages.
- Contests - Neighborhood contests inspire families to dress up their homes and properties for special occasions, or simply to improve the appearance of our neighborhood. For each contest, incentives include gift certificates for first, second, and third place winners, chosen by a vote from BLCA members. Recent contests sponsored by the Board have included holiday decorating contests and spring cleanup contests.
- Entryway streetlight - Put in at our request to make the entryway safer, we pay for its electricity.
- Entryway maintenance and landscaping - While volunteers usually hold work parties to spruce up the entryway, we occasionally need a professional.
- This web site
The 2016 form is available to download online in PDF format.
Printed forms should be sent to: PO Box 59772, Renton WA 98058, along with payment of $30. Thank you!